Wednesday 30 October 2013

All Hallows' Eve

Just a little post to say in case you haven't noticed, Halloween is nearly upon us! It's that time of year again where you can dig out your scary costumes, eat all the sweeties you want and tell ghostly stories by torch light.

When I was little, every year without fail my sister and I would make bin bag witches' dresses (helped by our Mummy of course!). These would inevitably be one black bag with arms and a head hole cut, tied at the waist with another black bag fashioned into a belt. Then we'd get the stapler and cover our dresses in paper stars and other such witchy things. We'd carve pumpkins too and Mum would sometimes make pumpkin soup from the slimy insides (Lu and I never dared try it!).

As we got older, our bin bag dresses got left behind, but I haven't forgotten how to carve a pumpkin. Therefore my housemate and I got creative and carved these two little beauties. (This is perhaps the most adventurous carving I have ever done- in case you can't quite guess, one is a cat and the other is the Boogie Man...)





Happy Halloween everyone!


Update:
At the weekend, I popped off to a little Halloween party. I thought you might all like to see my make up- I went as a Day of the Dead skull! The Day of the Dead is a Mexican holiday where people take the time to remember the deceased. It's also coincidentally celebrated around the same time as Halloween!





8 comments:

  1. LOVE your make up! Also those pumpkins are amazing!

    Brigita,
    http://lostinpattern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brigita- it's the first time I've ever carved a 'creative' pumpkin so glad you like it!
      KJ x

      Delete
  2. wow, love the makeup!!! xxo
    Jamie
    www.candystilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so jealous, New Zealand doesn't really have a big halloween following and pumpkins aren't in season here! So ive never even seen let alone carved a pumpkin! pity huh. At least i get to live vicariously through blogs!

    xE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm sorry to hear that Eloise! Maybe one year you'll have to come to the UK (or even better, the US!) for Halloween and get a good dose of pumpkins and dressing up!
      KJ x

      Delete
  4. Love your halloween makeup, girl! You look so pretty! Very Dia De Muertos :)
    Have a beautiful day xxx Allura kittenlamoda.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Allura- that's very sweet of you!

      KJ x

      Delete