Friday 14 June 2013

The King's Road and the Google Labs




Since exams were finally over, I decided to take my purse for a little walk about and hit the King's Road for a touch of retail therapy.




My main aim was to visit Brandy Melville, an Italian brand which has only recently recently hit the UK.




 I'd been promised good quality, affordable clothes and I can't say I was disappointed. More importantly, everything fitted beautifully and hung well, despite the store's 'one size fits most' policy. (I often find it hard to find clothes that fit my figure, so was pleasantly surprised!) Feeling rather spoilt, I happily trotted away with a pretty little tee and a floaty pink skirt, while Marcus treated me to the cutest pair of shorts! 




After a bit of a wonder, it started to tip it down so we headed over to the Science Museum (a favourite haunt of mine as a child- everything's so 'hands on'!) to visit the Google Labs




This exhibition is highly interactive, inviting people from all over the world to get involved (live!) over the internet. Your interactions are logged on a special lab card you're given, which allows you to view what you've done from home. While we were there we had time to watch a robotic arm draw our faces in the sand (which was incredible to watch) and view live 360° images of a 24hr bakery and an aquarium! Unfortunately we couldn't stay long, but I wish I'd had a chance to fully explore the exhibit as everything seemed so interestingly eye-catching  The exhibit closes in August so hopefully there will be time to go back and see what else it has to offer!





Rather hurriedly leaving the Science Museum, we dashed to Leicester Square to see if we could win a pair of Book of Mormon tickets...

No comments:

Post a Comment